Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Video

Thanks again to all of the Canadian Coast Guard Crew aboard the Hudson and DFO Science Staff for all of their effort during our mission.

I've compiled 3 video clips, 1 for each of the 3 study locations: Emerald Basin, Laurentian Channel & the Gully MPA.  Each video shows the highlights at each location.  Enjoy!!!

Large sponge (Vazella pourtalesi) dominated in Emerald Basin.  The world's largest known concentration of this sponge.
Sea pens (Anthoptilum sp.) are present in the Laurentian Channel in concentrations not yet observed anywhere else on Earth.

Dense aggregations of bamboo coral (Keratoisis ornata) were observed along the "Southwest Prong" of the Gully MPA.  The diversity of this area was astounding.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I can't find any contact information, but I would be very interested in using some of the images on this blog in a marine species identification app I am developing. Please let me know if this would be OK.

    Jarrett Corke (jcorke@wwfcanada.org)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    I can't find any contact information, but I would be very interested in using some of the images on this blog in a marine species identification app I am developing. Please let me know if this would be OK.

    Jarrett Corke (jcorke@wwfcanada.org)

    ReplyDelete